Going on a road trip and camping in your RV is always going to be an amazing adventure. Nonetheless, you should always come prepared so you can enjoy every aspect of your trip. Not only do you have to pack all your gear and items, but you have to consider getting some additional room for your RV. That comes in the form of an RV awning.
Why Get An RV Awning?
An awning offers you a range of benefits for your trip. It provides you with shade against the heat or rain, and offers an extension of your RV, giving you more room. You can sleep in it, have a BBQ under it; the options are endless.
However, finding the best RV awning in Airdrie can be tricky if you don’t know what you are looking for. Keep reading this post to know how you can find the best RV awning for your vehicle.
What Factors Should You Consider Before Selecting the Best RV Awning?
With so many RV awnings available, it can be difficult for you to decide which one is best for your vehicle. However, if you can consider the following options, you can narrow down your search:
- Size – consider the amount of space that you would like covered. Checking the specifications of your RV can help you narrow down the right dimensions.
- Ease of installation – installing and uninstalling your awning should be simple and straightforward. Consider how you roll out your RV awning when installed.
- Care and maintenance – you don’t want to spend too much time or money constantly revamping your awning. Look for models that offer convenience when it comes to maintenance.
- Materials – choosing the right material is vital for your RV awning, as each material offers its own benefits and negatives. Commonly, there are two options: vinyl and acrylic.
- Acrylic Awning – allows a fluid circulation of air and is made with a woven cloth that can repel water. Although it is not waterproof, it can dry quickly.
- Vinyl Awning – is weather-resistant, as well as durable and long-lasting. However, it can easily attract dirt and dust, as well as develop mold if exposed to high levels of humidity.
- Warranty – the longer your warranty, the better the choice for you. Always check to see how many years of warranty you’ll get with your awning.
The Different Types of RV Awning
There are many types of awning options available, but there are three that are considered the best, and therefore, the most common. These include:
1) Slide Out Awnings – a great option for those looking for a budget-friendly alternative. All you have to do is roll out the awning manually, as most awnings are made from canvas materials.
2) Automatic Awnings – the electronic option that saves time and the hassle of opening it up. With a single touch of a button, the awning will open and close. It’s simple and easy to use, but it will cost you a bit, both for the product and the installation process.
3) Sheltered or Patio Awnings – a full awning that comes with walls on the side and even a door for entry and exit. You can use it as a camping home, for sleep and to store your camping gear. All you have to do is pull it out when you need it.
Finding the right RV awning can be easier if you follow along with these tips. Before you know it, you’ll have an RV awning ready for your trip.
Airdrie Canvas is your go-to shop for all custom tarps and covers in Canada. We ship our products across Canada, serving Airdrie, Red Deer, Calgary, Edmonton, and in between. Whether you need a boat cover, RV cover, a vinyl or canvas tarp, or custom cover, we have what you need. We pride ourselves on our exceptional quality and Customer Service. All of our custom tarps and covers are manufactured in-house, effectively cutting out the middle-man and allowing for ultimate customization. Whatever you need, we can make it! Contact us by phone at (403) 945-0732 or email at [email protected].